jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2015

Happy Thanksgiving??? I would never have expected such an interesting discussion with my 2 ESO students about the significance of Thanksgiving Day for the relationship between Native Americans and the Pilgrim Fathers who first arrived in the New World on the Mayflower. It is rather a day for the Indians to reclaim their role as "authentic" Americans and recover their dignity. I came across an interesting power point presentation which explained clearly the origins of this festival and how it's celebrated. It was great help for my students to reflect on their reading skills Descarga el archivo It was exciting to see my students' interest and curiosity to keep asking questions and discussing with each other about the Indians' destiny nowadays. After taking them out of their homes and territories and isolating them in reservations, who was actually the good and the bad? It was really good food for thought!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario